Sunday, October 17, 2010

Books are bad influences.

 
When I was young, I was taught to read a book. I was taught to study as well. I even remembered when I was still Pre-elementary, specifically Prep, I used to watch television every day including the weeks for periodical examinations. Then, one time, my dad scolded me and locked me in the room for me to study. He plugged the computer, the television, confiscated my phone, and many other distractions that I might encounter or have in the room. Before he left me in the room, he assure himself that I was going to study. So what I did was, while he was staring at me, I opened and read a book for awhile. Then when he left me, I went to sleep since two beds were present. So luckily, when he opened the door back to tell me that it was time to take my Lunch break, I was already awake. Then, after the periodical examination/s, they were happy to see high grades of mine. And they told me that reading books is a good thing. But, I told them that I fooled them 'cause when they locked me in the room, I was just sleeping. So yeah, that was a very memorable experience of mine. Threatening it is, indeed.

Since then, I don't read books BUT I do listen attentively to the discussions every single day. Of what I believe, I learn better by listening not by reading. Shh but, yeah-- I only read books for memorization of terms. Yeah, clever me.

But I think it's time for me to change and try, just try. So now, before periodical examination/s.. starting tomorrow (Monday, October 18,2010) no malling, no computer and read books and prepare for the test. Let's see how I'm much improvement will go to my academic grades, most especially in Math. Whew!

PS: Books are bad influences, they give us great headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment